Gaining follower attention can be difficult with Facebook’s changing algorithm. As a result, publishers need to drive more engagement with their content because this is a key metric that determines how much visibility the Facebook algorithm would assign to a post, thus the more Facebook engagement, the more visibility. If you are unsure about why your Facebook engagement is low and you are looking to increase your visibility, here are 3 ways to help you improve your approach:
1/ Describe objectives and key results
The most important part of any journey is the destination and this is no different for a social media strategy. Every brand is unique and you will have unique objectives and key results, some examples could be:
- Building brand awareness
- Get leads and drive sales
- Customer feedback
- Online reputation management
Once you have defined objectives for your brand, you can move forward to understand your customer avatar.
Buyer persona. Marketing persona. Customer avatar. Target market.
These are the phrases that are used interchangeably to describe the fictional, generalised representations of the buyer persona most likely to purchase from you.
It is significantly important to the success of your marketing, sales, product development, and delivery of services that you have a deep understanding of who your customer avatar is. You’ve likely heard the phrase, “You can’t hit a target you haven’t set.” This applies perfectly to the importance of having a clearly defined customer avatar, which will help you:
- Determine which social platforms they are spending time on so you know where your business should be present and active
- Be more effective in your advertising. Your marketing dollars will be well spent when you know where to advertise and who to target for maximum exposure.
- Write copy that connects with your business avatar, which will give you a better understanding of their pain points, goals, and successes
- Deliver and develop better products and services because you are able to anticipate your markets’ needs, behaviours, and concerns.
2/ Facebook Ads
Another cost-effective and easy way to reach your target audience is to use Facebook advertising. You can share your valuable content to the target audience and drive the required conversions within a specified time period of the campaign. The audience mapping of Facebook is an excellent way to target your audience specifically.
3/ Feature Customer Testimonials
If you want to create Facebook ads that drive the viewer to take a specific action, including customer testimonials is a must-do! This technique works because it starts the conversation off by answering objections that your target audience might already have. Begin by showing the exact benefits one of your most satisfied customers has received by using your product or service.